The mission of the Institute of Energy Conversion is to develop the fundamental science and engineering base required to improve photovoltaic device performance and processing technologies, and effectively transfer these laboratory results to large-scale manufacturing.
To that end, we:
– Grow, fabricate, characterize, and engineer photovoltaic materials and devices
– Invent and Develop
– Transfer to manufacturing
– Act as independent advocate for the US photovoltaic academic community
– Attract, Educate, and train students, visiting scholars, and industry professionals.
– Maintain a world-class R&D facility and multi-disciplinary team of experts.
We enjoy the esteem of being the oldest solar cell institution in the world and have produced more PV Professionals than any other university.